Blog Counter

Wednesday 2 November 2011

36 hours

I am deviating from my own set timeline as Beryl's heath took a turn for the worse in Monday.

On that day, around 5pm, Beryl complained of a stomach ache which I assumed would pass but by 7:30 pm it persisted and I told her she should go lay down for a few hours and see if that eases it. At midnight she started vomiting and was more unresponsive than usual to my directions when getting her up to be cleaned and remove the soiled bedclothes. She also became very lethargic. After cleaning her and the bed being remade she went back to sleep only to wake up around 5am vomiting again. First thing come 9am I called the Doctor out. He examined her thoroughly and concluded that she had a 24 hour bug and prescribed tablets to stop the vomiting. All day yesterday she still was unresponsive and lethargic but, thankfully, the vomiting had stopped. It really was a worrying time for both of us.

Beryl slept relatively easily during last night and this morning. Today she is able to get up and sit in the living room and has become less lethargic and a little more responsive. Her Alzheimer's made her sickness all that worse and I feared that this bout of sickness would have serious consequences but am glad that she is recovering. She is not eating properly but I hope this will change as the hours go by. Time is the best healer, or so they say.


No comments:

Post a Comment