Blog Counter

Thursday 16 February 2012

Flying with Angels: Beryl Rosemary Baker (nee Saul) 11.02.1939-16.02.2012. R.I.P.

Today at 1.45pm in the James Cooke Memorial Hospital in Middlesbrough, my beloved wife Beryl passed away. She suffered only from the time I realised that something different was happening and the paramedics came, which was within five to ten minutes. Her pain was alleviated and her breathing regulated by oxygen and she was made comfortable so I would like to thank the doctors, nurses and paramedics for making my wife's last few hours on this earth free of pain and stress to her weakening body.

My Beryl loved life and hated cruelty, in all it's forms. She was an animal lover who could not see them suffer at the hands of people or their ineptitude to look after them. She hated war, in it's many forms and could not understand why man would kill man nor politicians that would send young men to kill fellow young men, no matter what country they came from...yet she married me, a soldier. She was an artist, musician (kinda good on the piano organ :¬), sorry Beryl,) and a campaigner for womens rights. She campaigned against the testing of the atom bomb by the Frence in the eighties and stood outside a supermarket gatherning signatures while I gave not much support for her cause.

Above all Beryl turned a 19 year old boy into a man! She turned that boy's life into a life worth living, a life full of love, not hatred, caring, not sentiment and certainly not a life that condemns a human being through the colour of their skin. Beryl was, and still is, my hero.

God bless my darling wife, you are no longer dancing with wolves but dancing with angels, and I know you loved dancing, expecially balet. Dance with the angels my love.

In the words of Whitney Houston:

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. My deepest condolences, John.
    RIP Mrs Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Thank you Avril, will let you and the rest of the family know when the arraingments have been finalised. Beryl is with your dad now and no longer in distress.

    ReplyDelete